A socially self-driven and empowered community
To mobilize the Busia Community for sustainable social protection, talent nurturing heritage preservation and creating equal opportunities for children, youth women, PWDs older persons and other vulnerable groups for a holistic growth and development.
Community social development is a pre-requisite to economic development of any county. The county contributes 0.9% to the national poverty. To reduce this the Department implements various empowerment and safety nets programs which are key in breaking the cycle of poverty among the vulnerable –children, youth, women people living with disability , the PLWHIV, and the elderly
In the last financial year, a total of Ksh. 137 million was allocated among the five departments and the two offices of the CEC and the Chief Officer. This amount was half of the Departments expected budgetary needs. The Department however went on to implement various projects that have impacted positively to the sector
• Efficient, Effective and co-ordinated service delivery
• Improved household livelihoods and community capacities in Busia County
• Enhanced youth development, empowerment and participation in Busia County
• Improved sporting and sports management in Busia County
• Improved social security and empowerment of Busia community
• Preserved cultural heritage and wellbeing of Busia community
- The county government has continued to offer social protection for vulnerable groups of people, the older persons, Orphaned and Vulnerable Children through cash transfer programs.
- A trees for jobs program is currently underway to involve the youth in afforestration while at the same time offering them a source of livelihood.
- Grants have been given to a number of Cultural groups to promote culture in the sub counties
- Opportunity for investment in a new state-of-the-art stadium/talent academies
- Supply of materials and expertise to facilitate the building and completion as well as the renovation of the existing cultural centers in the County
- Construction of a community library in each sub-county
- Development of a recreational park, children protection and rehabilitation centers, respectively
- Development of a social hall with modern facilities
Achievements Per Section
County Executive Committee Member:
Hon. Benard Yaite
Official Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
County Chief Officer:
Official Email: email@example.com