Busia County Public Service Board is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012 whose mandate includes appointing persons to hold or act in the offices of County Public Service.
Pursuant to the Public Finance Management Act 2012 Section 155 (5) and regulation No. 167 (10 of the Public Finance Management Regulations 2015; The County Government of Busia calls on all interested and suitably qualified persons to submit applications to serve as members of its audit committee.
County Audit Committee Members Three (3) posts
Terms of service; 3 years Contract on part time basis renewable for a further one (10 term only subject to performance.
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Be a member, in good standing, of a professional body such as: IIA, ICPAK; CPSK; IAK; APSEA; ACFE; LSK and any other relevant professional body.
- Possess at least an undergraduate degree from a recognized university in the field in which she or he has been practicing
- One shall not be a past or present employee of the entity, and shall not have served as an employee or agent of a business organization which has carried out any business with Busia County in the last two years
- Have at least 5 years of experience in a senior management position, where their scope of work covered the entire organization they were working with.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understand of the object, principles and functions of the Government of Busia County
- Demonstrate competence in leadership and business management
- Possess a good understating of government operations, financial reporting and auditing.
- Not a holder of a political office.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide oversight on risk management, controls and governance processes and audit affairs of the County Government Committee regarding internal control and audit matters; and
- Follow up on the implementation of the recommendations of internal and external auditors.
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
Busia County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box Private Bag,
All the applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, or on before Wednesday, 26th September, 2018.
All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following institutions
- The Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity Cards,Certificates and Testimonials at the interview
The Busia County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, omen, Persons with Disabilities and other Disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.